We commit ourselves to the following: -
- University email services shall be provided to all staff and students at all times.
- Intranet services shall be available to all staff and students provided that proper usage is safeguarded.
- Security of the university computer infrastructure shall be safeguarded at all times.
- Information privacy and confidentiality including but not limited to protection against network spoofing, eavesdropping and mail spamming shall be safeguarded.
- Upon receipt of a complaint on network availability, assessment will be made to identify the nature of the problem and if not resolved within a day it will be escalated to the higher level. Depending on the severity of the problem it should be resolved within two working days.
- ICT security breaches will be responded to immediately after being reported with an emergency stop gap measure in place within half a day.
- The University website shall be reliable and available to both internal and external users.
- All Management Information Systems shall be operated and maintained to offer acceptable service to all users.
- Backups of all MIS systems shall be maintained at all times.
- Training on MIS systems and e-content development shall be carried out regularly and in response to user demands.
- Appropriate backup and recovery procedures for all databases shall be provided to ensure data security.
- Instructor and student account creation requests on the e-Learning platform shall be attended to within one working day of receipt of the request.
- User support requests shall be attended to within one working day from the time of receipt of the request.
- User training shall be conducted within 4 weeks of receipt of request or of identification of need for such training
- For equipment under warranty, requests for servicing and repair will be lodged with the vendor or maintenance provider within two working days of the fault being reported.
- Escalated computer equipment faults shall, depending on the nature of the fault, availability of spare parts and payments to vendor, be serviced and delivered back to the client within 6 weeks of arrival of the equipment in the ICT maintenance workshop
- New networks shall be implemented within 12 months from the time of commencement of the project.
ICTC Service Delivery Charter: