ICT Center has a vibrant welfare which draws its members from ICT center community ; Membership is limited to ICT center staff only. registration to the welfare is voluntary. The welfare was formed to offer social support to it members especially during bereavement. Since its inception 2005, membership has grown tremendously. Members are charged a small fee which is done through check off system on University payroll. ICT welfare caters for the following but is not limited to:
- Support to bereaved members
- Supports during weddings and other parties i.e end year parties.Click here to see some of the photos of the events organised by the ICT center welfare
- Farewell parties for its members when proceeding on retirement
ICT staff being members of university staff , they have subscribed to the following trade unions;
- Universities Academic Staff Union (UASU)
- Kenya University Staff Union (KUSU)
- Kenya Union of Domestic, Hotel, Educational Institutions, Hospitals and Allied Union (KUDHEHIA)
The University offers accommodation to members of staff under the Estates Management regulated by the Housing Policy.
The University has a Sacco (Chuna Sacco ) which organizes and promotes the welfare and economic interests of its members in accordance with the Co-operative values principles.
More facilitation to the University community is given by:
- The University Pension Scheme
- University Health Services
- National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
- National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF)