The University of Nairobi offers industrial attachments to students from various departments within our university and from other universities. Students are attached to various units (departments) of the University where their skills match. Interns are periodically visited by their supervisors to be evaluated on their progress . On this case, Dr. Yonah Etene, a lecturer from Kibabii University who is Mr Khaemba 's supervisor came at the ICT center to evaluate him. Mr Khaemba Joash is a student from Kibabii University taking a bachelor's degree in computer science. He is specialized in software development option.
There are numerous benefits for undergraduate students who get involved in industrial attachment. This includes but not limited to;
- Allows students to pick up life-skills (e.g. communication skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork, etc.) on the job
- Provides opportunities for students to gain practical experience in the working environment
- Provides opportunities for students to explore their areas of interests
- Enables students to gain valuable hands on experience in the relevant industries
- Provides greater exposure for students etc.